What you will need:
- an old shirt you're willing to cut up
- sewing kit or safety pin
- (optional) cut the collar of the shirt in either a 'V' or a very wide 'U' to make either a v-neck or an off the shoulder shirt.
- Pick where you want the center of your spiral to be. I picked the middle left side (when worn).
- Where your center is, have it be a circle about the size of a dollar coin and make sure when you cut, never cut inside that circle.
- Starting from the center circle side closest to where your spiral will be cut off (if you want to do a complete spiral in the center of your shirt, you can start anywhere around the center circle) cut outwards a straight slit about 8-9 inches. (make sure you don't cut all the way to the bottom of the shirt or else there will be no spiral. every thing you cut should be closed in on all sides)
- going back to the outside of your center circle, about 1 cm away from the first slit you cut, cut outwards again a slanted line the same length as your last slit. This time, after you cut your 2 slits you should have created a strip. the two slits closer to your center circle should be about 1cm apart and then the space between the slits should get bigger towards the end of the slits (about 1.5 in) to make a strip
- about 1cm away from your first strip repeat steps 4 and 5 to make another strip. Then continue the steps all around your center circle to create your spiral. There should parts of the shirt in between each strip.
- after finishing cutting your strips, bunch up your center circle with the ends of all your strips so it is all together. then sew your center circle and the ends of all your strips together to create that middle part. You can also just safety pin it all together too (i used a safety pin)
- yay! now you're finished, so wear the shirt! make sure you wear a shirt under....or dont. whatever floats your boat.